Software Engineer and all around tinkerer. I like productivity apps, automation, and folk music.
Zapier 2016-09-19 —
Dividing my time between adding new features to existing integrations, writing new ones, and working on the developer platform.
SalesforceIQ 2014-05-19 — 2016-05-18
Created internal tools that upped the productivity of other employees, both technical and non-technical. Also worked directly with the CTO to quickly roll out (mostly) pre-alpha and MVPs of new projects.
- Acquired by Salesforce 3 months after joining
- Re-wrote internal information site in the interest of stability and user experience
- Created a full-featured ruby sdk to access our API
- Architected a testing framework from scratch to provide unit tests for our Zapier app
International Referee Development Program 2014-03-20 —
Technical lead responsible for the creation and maintenance of the IRDP website.
- Worked closely with the International Quidditch Association to power worldwide referee certification tools
- Internationalized most of the site into 3 languages
- Used Parse to implement backend and authentication and expanded Parse Ruby Gem to fit site needs
backstitch 2013-05-15 — 2013-08-15
Full stack web development, focusing on Rails. Creating webpages from mockups, improving data processing for external links, and social media management.
- Aided marketing intern int he production of Google ADWords campaigns, demographic targeting, and UX design
Fetchnotes 2012-05-15 — 2012-08-15
Backend development on a Python/Tornado stack. Developed on the API and improved object oriented design of storage objects.
- Expanded upon a flexible API to afford access to Mongo objects both internally and (eventually) other developers
Michigan Quidditch 2010-10-01 — 2014-05-01
Along with two others, founded and nurtured the team into greatness
- The team won multiple tournaments, was the only team to ever beat Middlebury (World Cup V), and was at one point ranked #3 in the world
- Planned two incredibly successful Yule Balls (2013, 2014) which both sold out (raising generous capital)
- Coordinated a successful Indiegogo campaign that raised $2600
Kol HaKavod A Cappella 2010-09-01 — 2014-05-01
Participated in twice-weekly rehearsals, frequent gigs, and twice-yearly concerts.
- Competed twice in Kol HaOlam (National Jewish A Cappella competition) in Washington DC, winning 3rd place on our second outing
- Recorded an awesome CD!
Life Support Development Ministry 2010-06-01 — 2010-09-01
Coordinated day care activities for under-privileged youth in inner-city Houston.
- Coordinated outings, such as a group trip to the Houston Zoo
- Acted both as a role model and a source of stability for kids generally lacking in these areas
University of Michigan 2010-09-04 — 2014-05-02
- [EECS 492] User Interface Development
- [SI 422] Usability Evaluation
- [SI 401] Ethics and Information Technology
- [EECS 388] Computer Security
- [SI 301] Models of Social Information Processing
- [EECS 281] Data Structures and Algorithms
Frameworks and More